By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our Small business and apprenticeship Forum

Helping people find their perfect career, apprenticeship or to get general business advice. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

£10m publicly funded funeral for Margaret Thatcher

Ryan

As you all probably know, Margaret Thatcher's funeral is today, but what do you make of the £10m publicly funded money that has been used to pay for this?

Obviously security is on top measure today, but £10m?!!! Even if I had the dream funeral for a loved one, I wouldn't be able to tot up the total to that!!

Jim

Jim

I watched the funeral when i got in from school. Have you seen the news report up north of the people burning a fake thatcher?

Ryan

I watched the funeral when i got in from school. Have you seen the news report up north of the people burning a fake thatcher?
I didn't, no. I'll have a search now! Must admit, I've been bogged down with stuff to do since I got back from work, so I only caught a glimpse of the funeral on the news.

We have someone at work who was listening to it on the radio - not my cup of tea if I'm honest.

I

Ian Wincote...

That is a ridiculous amount of money! I know security is extremely important but £10,000,000 ???

Ryan

Ridiculous, the money could've been used for much better reasons.
My thoughts exactly.

It was an amazing service, but let's be honest, it's public money. Therefore an easy £2m of it would be for people who didn't even respect Thatcher. Surely it's unfair on them?

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding