By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our Small business and apprenticeship Forum

Helping people find their perfect career, apprenticeship or to get general business advice. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

APPRENTICESHIP LEGALITIES

N

Nick

Hi
I have been approached by a person to ask if it were possible for me to give him a formal apprenticeship of possible 3 years as a gamekeeper. I explained that I could not afford to pay a wage and the apparent rules regarding hours and time off just cannot work in this industry albeit there are ample opportunities for time off but not the way most people expect it. This person explained that a wage as not required as he would have adequate financial support and providing an agreement was met regarding hours etc this would also not be an issue. He has gone down the route of college etc and explained for many reasons this is not the way he wants to be trained where the available jobs are grossly out wieghed by the immense number of potential canditates. I am in a position to give this person first class training, however I am told that the above mentioned conditions would make it illegal. Surley if all parties involved are agreeable to all the terms and a contract drawn up to that effect how can that be illegal. please could someone advise.

Ryan

Do you mean you wouldn't be able to meet minimum national apprenticeship wage - which is £95 per week?

N

Nick

Yes that is correct. The main issue is can that lad recieve formal training without a wage if he is in agreement, as it is he would be getting a fair allowance from his family, all he wants is the knowlege and expierience and a document at the end of the term outlining his qualification.
Nick

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking