By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Employer wanting me to pay back after I leave apprenticeship

Medi93

Medi93

Hello everyone,

Looking for abit of advice regarding my employer wanting me to pay a £2k charge back to them in agreement for me studying my AAT Level 2 foundation which only costs £895. The only Other fee they have contributed is my membership with AAT which was around £110.

I didn’t get a choice of doing the course on night classes it was only day release that the college would allow for apprentices. So I am now wanting to see where I stand if I want to leave and if this £2k charge is legally binding?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 31D331D8-895D-40C2-A56E-596FF019864A.jpeg
    31D331D8-895D-40C2-A56E-596FF019864A.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1
  • CECFDCA7-7A27-4230-AF8D-BE9C59914ECC.jpeg
    CECFDCA7-7A27-4230-AF8D-BE9C59914ECC.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1
D

danielbran

I didn’t get a choice of doing the course on night classes it was only day release that the college would allow for apprentices

W

Wispond1991

1. I am currently working at a company where I have been employed for over 2 years now. My boss has asked me to repay my wages for the last 6 months since I left work early due to illness. I have not received any compensation for these unpaid hours. I feel like I should be compensated for the time I worked, especially considering I was ill. How do I go about getting paid?
2. I am currently working for a company who I started out with as an apprentice. After being employed for almost a year, they told me that I would no longer be receiving any wages until I had completed my apprenticeship. I have now finished my apprenticeship and they have refused to pay me anything. What can I do?