By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

First day in the Printing and Design industry!

Ryan

I started my Apprenticeship in the Printing and Design sector today, had a little twist though!

I went to start my first day normally, I was starting an apprenticeship mainly in printing, handling the actual product and machinery, I was hoping eventually it would mean I could head down the design path, so I was going to grit my teeth and get by, even if I wasn't keen on it!

The other apprentice wasn't keen on her Business & Admin work, she wanted something more hands on, so they offered me her role. I wasn't too keen at first, purely because it wasn't what I applied for. However I can focus more in an office environment, so I gave it a go!

I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong and it's something I want my skills to grow in. I want to be more confident handling with customers, whether it be over the phone or via email.

I'm determined to one day become a successful entrepreneur, so I'm going to have to learn all I can to do with the (what everyone calls..) 'boring side'.

I'm enjoying it though, it's definitely an industry that a lot of apprenticeships are available in :)