By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our Small business and apprenticeship Forum

Helping people find their perfect career, apprenticeship or to get general business advice. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Some tips for caring with animals

P

PeterD

Top Animal Carer!
Im Peter

I currently work at a small animal care company in Lincolnshire where we mainly deal with dogs and cats, but that doesnt mean we turn our noses up at other animals. I didnt go through an apprenticeship and ive only been in this kind of role for about 11 years, but i wish i did do an apprenticeship!

The main thing that it required it that you obviously love animals, ive worked with people who just clearly have no passion for animals and it started to show as their attitude begun to sink and their work rate went down.

You have to like the outdoors to as that is probably where you will end up spending most of your time.
It can be a really hard job, as things dont always go your way, but its so rewarding and has benefits, especially if you are a keen animal lover.

I hope my advice helps anyone looking at this kind of role

Ryan

Only just seen this post! Thank you for this information, Peter! I'm sure when we get more members they'll find this really helpful! It doesn't matter about not being in an Apprenticeship, you're providing information on what the career is like after - so that's brilliant!

Thank you again, Peter! :)

P

PeterD

Top Animal Carer!
Sorry for the latish reply ryan, havent really had time with my computer as business is booming as a lot of people are going on vacations over the christmas break which means were using some of our facilities as kennels and so on - it's a perfect example of how these kind of jobs need people desperately.

Ill certainly try to help anyone looking to get into job like this as much as i can.

Associates