By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Imported clothes requirements? CPC

J

Julia

Hi,
I am a starter business and I am trying to find out requirements for selling adult and children clothes to the domestic market in the UK. My products will be coming from outside the UK. I have learned that under 12 years old clothes and (all toys) I need a CPC certificate ( and UKCA marking) from a third party laboratory. That is clear.

But what about over 12 years, and adult clothes? They also need UKCA marking and lab test? Do I need the same testing or is it enough to have the required details on the clothes labels? Like fabric contents, origin, keep away from fire etc?

Also I read on Google, all products have to have a barcode. And product number etc. And now I am asking how to create a product number? And there is any rules for how to create a product number?

I am starting from scratch and I am grateful for any advice.
-What types of records do I need to keep or are there any forms for that or I need to create that for myself? Or there is any organisation that I am able to contact for full advice?
Thank you